I have been going through a lot of random stuff during this summer break. From world wars to quality of life in Taiwan to best-things-to-do-in-Pakistan and what not. I went to a lot of movies. And what might actually be a boon for film industry, I, as a hostel resident, have commited a fellony that is unpardonable; watching movies in theatre instead of using torrents. Forgive me lord for I have sinned.
Now as I was watching Man of Steel, which is rather a hugely overrated movie, I found one dialogue to be rather profound. So, I felt an urge, sort of, to compile a list of 5 best dialogues that have ever been said on-screen. Here are my best 5:
1) “Every great magic trick consists of three parts or acts. The first part is called “The Pledge”. The magician shows you something ordinary: a deck of cards, a bird or a man. He shows you this object. Perhaps he asks you to inspect it to see if it is indeed real, unaltered, normal. But of course… it probably isn’t. The second act is called “The Turn”. The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you’re looking for the secret… but you won’t find it, because of course you’re not really looking. You don’t really want to know. You want to be fooled. But you wouldn’t clap yet. Because making something disappear isn’t enough; you have to bring it back. That’s why every magic trick has a third act, the hardest part, the part we call “The Prestige” ”
Perhaps the most astounding and enthralling dialogue from Christian Bale starrer “The Prestige” (2006)
2) “Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith first. The trust part comes later”
Recently released, the “overrated” Man of Steel (2013)
3) “An idea is like a virus. Resilient. Highly contagious. And even the smallest seed of an idea can grow. It can grow to define or destroy you.”
2010 science fiction action Leo DiCaprio starrer Inception
4) “Babumoshai, zindagi badi honi chahiye.. lambi nahi”
Probably the best ever dialogue in the enire film industry, be it bollywood or hollywood or any XYZwood! So meaningful, so inspiring. From the one and only, Rajesh Khanna in Anand.
5) “Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you”
Well not exactly a film, but there are some very good ones from this. This is from legendary Peter Dinklage potraying Tyrion Lannister and speaking to Jon Snow in season 1 episode 1; Winter is coming!
If you are of other views, let me know through comments! I am sure, you guys will be having other great ones as well!